What power does having your own opinion hold?:
- Makes you your own person.
- Tells others you belief in something regardless of what others think.
- Makes others see you have real integrity – you don’t agree to be nice (person pleaser).
- Gives you a unique individuality if your opinion is not mentioned.
- Allows others to believe in what you believe and respect you.
- Communicates that you are secure.
- Gets a debatable discussion going
Remember that having your own opinion is one trait that allows one to be their true self. So if you are often worried what others think of your ideas or opinions do not be afraid to speak out. When you have your own opinion your not joining the crowd or saying something the other person wants to hear, instead your making your mark as a person and simply telling the world what you believe. Your telling them “I believe in this”. The aim of having an opinion is not to prove anything to anyone but to yourself, real security comes from speaking out but so does leadership. One must take the handle and lead their own life and speak of what they like, what they want but also what they believe.
We pay so much to what we say in front of other people because we are scared of hurting others with our opinion, or perhaps we wish to avoid being laughed at for our own opinions. However there is nothing wrong with having your own opinion and anyone who attacks your opinion on something is not secure enough to accept you as a person. Be strong as a person and be happy with your opinion, that is all that matters. However always be accepting of people who disagree and debate too.